We understand what it takes to run your own business. You’re the first one there in the morning and the last one to leave at night. Managing your cash is essential. Cash Management is a hidden jewel that provides an efficient and effective way to manage your business.
Bill Toner, Vice President of Cash Management Services, shared some thoughts to provide a better understanding of what this service can provide for business customers and the great tools we have in place to keep the cash flowing and the business growing.
First of all, what is Cash Management?
Simply put, it offers business customers a full suite of services that will assist them in managing funds, while operating more efficiently. There are three goals to keep in mind when thinking about Cash Management:
- Get money as fast as you can.
- Keep money as long as you can.
- Keep money as safe as you can.
How can we help Montana businesses meet these three goals?
We provide the tools to get cash faster, hold onto cash longer, when necessary, pay out in the most efficient way possible and keep cash safe as possible. Every business is different and may not need all of the tools offered, but there are some amazing services that will help in attaining the three goals.
Online Banking (eBiz) & Mobile Banking (eMobile)
We have great online tools that allow business owners to manage their accounts easily and securely. Whether you are on a desktop computer or on your mobile phone, you will enjoy greater account control with 24/7 access to monitor your balances and daily activity.
What are some of the key Cash Management tools that could benefit a business?
- ACH Services – Make electronic payments or receipts such as direct deposit payroll processing for employees, accounts payable origination for automatic or recurring payments or receivables, such as receipt of monthly dues/rents. This allows flexibility to manage your business on your schedule.
- Wire Transfer Services – Move funds quickly and securely directly from your business.
- Remote Deposit of Checks (eDirect) – Deposit checks securely right from your office, so you can run your business and not have to drive to the bank.
- Positive Pay – Safeguard your money, protect yourself against check and ACH fraud and streamline your day-to-day operations. You can view all transactions in real time, as well as receive notifications of suspicious items.
- Lockbox Services – Speed up receipt and deposit of cash and check payments sent through the mail with our centralized service. This reduces the number of employee touches on a transaction and frees them up from preparing deposits and making trips to the bank.
- Merchant Card Services – Enjoy quick and easy electronic payments from your customers by the swipe of a credit or debit card. This provides you the convenience of easily and securely managing your payments.
Why should a business consider Cash Management services?
Simply, we help businesses of all sizes with cash flow. When a business has effective cash flow, it runs more efficiently, productivity increases, leading to growth and prosperity. Our Cash Management services provide flexibility and convenience, allowing a business to “bank on their time, not just when the bank is open.”
Where can business owners find more information on Cash Management?